Catal : Orenga
Latin: Origanum Vulgare
An oregano plant can serve to you to make infusions, to realise homemade remedies or as cooking complement.
You only must gather it in spring, dry it in bunches mouth down and keep it in hermetic boats for when you need it.
Benefits of the oregano
- Respiratory affections of the high routes, influenza, colds, caught a cold.
- Expectorant and cough medicine (cough)
- Intestinal Dolores and inflammations (flatulences)
- In diseases of the liver, they protect it thanks to urs³lico acid and his verified anti-tumour activity, in the family of the labiadas ones.
Infusion for the digestive affections
With 1 teaspoon of flowery sumidades by 1 water cup. You can take them after each food.
Vapors for the respiratory affections
It adds a handful of plant in water and boils it. It leaves the steam is scattered by the room, to notice his effects.
Cataplasm for sore or inflamed zone
It compresses the plant, warm up it in a frying pan surrounded in a cloth and apply it in the sore or inflamed zone.
As making oil of oregano
Homemade remedy for the herpes labial and the pain teeth.
- The oregano leaves are crushed in a mortar.
- They are placed in a crystal boat and they are covered with olive oil.
- During 2 weeks it must be macerating in a dark place, moving it every day.
- After the 15 days you can strain it and have it preparation for when you need it.
As cooking condiment
Condiment for vegetables, soups and pizzas: the dry leaves dust off on diverse cooking preparations by their carminativa action (for intestinal gases) and intestinal pain nervous origin.
Essential oil of oregano
It is a good antiseptic of high the respiratory tract.
If leukorrhea by innocent exists, it acts of fungicide.
It is carminative, barren and it gives heat in the zone of the intestine.
The oregano does not present toxicity, if it is used as nourishing condiment or in the correct doses in healthy people.
If you are pregnant woman, in period of lactation or you are allergic to pollen, better not to ingest it.
The components of the essential oil of oregano are the thymol and carvacrol, irritating for the digestive mucous. The people who present problems as gastritis, gastroduodenales ulcers, ulcerous colitis or irritable, better colon not to ingest it.