Dead calendula, wonder, reinita, flower, flamenquilla
Catalan: cal¨ndula, gojat, boixac
Latin: Calendula officinalis L
The calendula is a flower that opens its petals in the morning to the sun, setting out its beautiful colorful throughout day, and it closes them when the sun is put.
From very old, the calendula she was considered a magical flower because it provided good luck to that carried it, in addition to serving to realise different natural remedies.
Original of Egypt, you can cultivate it or even find it wild in the gardens of Europe and America, where the year blooms throughout, in winter, if the climate is the appropriate one.
The harvesting of its flowers
In order to obtain the majors benefits of his flowers, it is necessary to gather them to noon, when the sun is more powerful.
The homemade remedies can be realised with the fresh flowers or dry them during 2 weeks before being able to use them.
Properties of the calendula
The calendula is a great remedy to cure the skin by the combination of its active principles. Among them carotenoid, essential resins, oils, salicylic acid plans, flavonoides, calendina, saponins, vitamin and, antioxidants, grant anti-inflammatory and healing properties to him.
Benefits and external indications of the calendula
- For very sensible skins: irritated and inflamed because of solar burns or erosions, hematomas, eczemas, spots, youthful acne, psoriasis or shaving.
- In order to hydrate the skin of the baby: dermatitis of diaper, at³pica dermatitis, irritation in the face by the dribble segregation, dry skin and for all type leather with tendency to the allergies.
As realising calendula oil
In a glass container it macerates with oil of almonds during 15 days the flowers of the Calendula in a dry and fresh place. Later you can strain it and will be ready to use.
Ideal for the problems of the skin because it hydrates, calm, is anti-inflammatory, disinfects and shortens the time of healing of the wounds.
- Natural oil for the dermatitis of the babies and children.
- Fungi in the nails, callosities, warts, psoriasis, at³pica dermatitis, labial candidiasis and herpes.
- For the scars, skin irritated by burns, heat rashes and hives.
- She is antiseptic for the care of the skin with acne, opens pores and it fights the bacteria.
Essential oil of calendula
Its aromatic action is very relaxing, ideal to acclimate the room of the children before going to sleep with a burner, being mixed the water essence.
Also mixing 2 drops of the essence with a carrying oil, as the oil of almonds, you can give a massage smallest. Its aroma relaxes and in addition calm its skin.
Indicated in: burns, inflammations, punctures of insects, you cut superficial.
Benefits and Indications of the calendula in infusion
- It regulates the menstruation, whether she is little as by excess of blood.
- He is sedative, eliminates the pain the spasms caused by the menstruation (dysmenorrhea).
- It increases the production of bile in the liver in cases of hepatic insufficiency.
- It heals the ulcers of stomach and duodenum if we associated it to the nettle, to secure a more intense effect. Also it is used in gastritis, inflammation of the stomach, gastroenteritis and vomits.
Infusion of calendula
It adds boiling water to a spoonful of flowers or petals, it leaves it rests about 5 minutes and strains it. You can sweeten it with honey, stevia, sirope, sugar of cane. You do not take it if you are pregnant.
Compressed of leaves and flowers for topical application
With an infusion of concentrated calendula more and leaving it some minutes macerating we have an ideal tonic more to calm the sensible and irritated skin that you can conserve in the refrigerator.
The decoction of 2 spoonfuls of petals of calendula by half liter of water is ideal to apply it with a gauze, when she is cold, as anti-inflammatory in the striae of the pregnancy or compressed tibias for conjunctivitis, swollen eyelids and styes.
Warning: if you have allergy to the chrysanthemums, daisies or the ambrosia, taken care of with the calendula since they are of the same botanical family of the compound ones.
Kitchen with flowers: An aromatic and very showy curiosity
The flowers of vegetables and vegetables can be consumed that are foods.
You can consume many types of flowers. Among them, the most consumed they are: calendula, poppy, rose of thousand petals (pink centifolia), mallow of violet color and lavender.
Crude they conserve all nutrients.
You can use his petals and the floral button in salads, soups, gelatins, ice creams or in plates with fresh cheeses
He is preferable that the plants are of own culture since if you gather them of the ways or the purchases in florist's or stores of gardening they can be contaminated by toxics, animal or fungi.
Inform to you well before consuming any flower, some are very beautiful but they can be very poisonous.