Catalan: ESPGOL OR ESPIC
Latin: LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA MILLER, LAVANDULA OFFICINALIS or LAVANDULA VERA
They exist more than 20 species of Lavender, among them the Lavandula Angustifolia Miller is very appreciated by the quality of its essential oil.
Formerly, the midwives used the plant to reduce the infections burning it in the rich delivery rooms for being in Linalol, a very volatile essence.
Benefits of Lavender in infusion
- It reduces the infections of the gingivae, if you realise mouthwashes.
- It alleviates to the annoyances of the post childbirth and is antiseptic in fungi and bacteria, adding it to the water, in seat bathrooms.
- It disinfects wounded and ulcers, soaking a compressed one in the infusion and applying it on the affected zone of 15 to 30 minutes.
- It facilitates the digestion in case of spasms in the digestive conduit.
Infusion of Lavender
Of 30-40gramos of flowers and dry leaves by 1litro of water or a nosey spoonful by cup.
You can take 3 cups to the day after the meals.
Essential oil of Lavender for external use
He is one of the few essential oils that can be applied directly on the skin, although always it is advised to realise a test in case it appears prickle or redness.
Uses and properties of lavender:
- Some drops inhaled from a handkerchief placed in the pillow are very recommendable for hyperactive children or who sleep bad since its sedative action acts on the Central Nervous System.
- She is analgesic when the headache is brought about by a tension or depression. It applies to 2 drops of essential oil in the temples and the nape of the neck.
- Calm the prickle and the irritation of the puncture of an insect. It applies 1 drop of essential oil without diluting on the affected zone.
- It relaxes weaves and muscles. It adds 10 drops of the essential oil in the water of the bathtub.
- In order to conciliate the dream, by anxiety or melancholy. It stumps 4 drops of the essence in the room mixed in water or 2 drops of the essence directly in a handkerchief and places it near the pillow. Also you can prepare a perfumed sachet of dry flowers and put it underneath the pillow.
As making Oil of Lavender
It macerates 250gr. of dry plant during 2 weeks in 1litro of oil of almonds.
When it has spent the time, you filter it and keeps it in a boat from glass of opaque color so that it is conserved better.
Why you can use the lavender oil
It alleviates to the pain the slight burns (1ºgrado) and desinflama the punctures of insects.
Also you can use it to calm the pain throat and head.
Hidrolato or Floral Agua of Lavender
The hidrolato contains chemical substances, neither preservatives, nor synthetic fragrances. It is the floral water that is of the process of distillation of the essential oil through Still.
The floral water of Lavender tones, renews the cells of the skin, alleviates the acne, the herpes and is indicated for skin with greasy tendency.
If you use it in a diffuser, you can apply it in the clothes of bed and the rooms to create a relaxing atmosphere.
In order to realise frictions
With the Oil of Lavender or mixing some drops of the essential Oil with oil of almonds the pain reuma of origin calms to articulate or muscular and the neck arthrosis is alleviated, of back, torticollis, sciatic lumbago and.
The benefits of Lavender can arrive to you just by to seat you to their side. The aroma that comes off their bunches lil¡ceas flowers and their leaves relaxes, balances the mind and harmonizes the atmosphere.