Latin: SALVIA OFFICINALIS
Salvia has been used by its excellent properties in different cultures during thousands from years. In the Earth we can find more than 900 species of salvia. I will concentrate in the Salvia officinalis, that of is used in natural medicine.
Properties of the infusion of salvia
For the women:
- Prone to have pain when they have the rule, they can take it during the previous week.
- With upheavals of the menopause.
- It facilitates the contractions if they take it the last month before the childbirth.
- It balances the feminine hormonal system and it favors the fecundity.
- It stimulates the adrenal glands in depressive states, vegetative-nervous asthenia, hypotension, tremors, vertigos and imbalances.
For all the family:
- Low the fever (febrfuga)
- Hipoglucemiante action for the Diabetes.
- Gastric affections, intestinal. calm the vomit, the diarrhoea and the pain the abdominal colics.
- It stimulates the bile secretion (coler©tica), it clears the liver and it favors the digestion.
1 spoonful of leaves by water cup boils. Let rest it 10 minutes before straining.
Infusion of antisudorfica Salvia
It reduces the excessive sweating in cases of infectious diseases.
In 1 liter of hot water it adds 2 handfuls of dry leaves.
It leaves rests 10 minutes. It at intervals filters and takes it from 2 hours.
Decoction of salvia for the buccal gingivitis (inflammation of the gingivae), aftas (sores)
100gr. of dry plant by 1 liter of water.
You can make garglings and mouthwashes with the lukewarm decoction.
Also it calms the prickle of the throat and the cough of smoking.
With the filtered good decoction you can make vaginal irrigations in case of leukorrhea.
Salvia in the kitchen
You can use it to combine with grazes, to decorate the sauce of tomato, or in crude.
Also you can add it to vegetable creams: marrows, berengenas, leeks, pumpkin, carrot, or in all type of salads
The prescriptions with salvia contribute many benefits and with a little imagination it is possible to be used in plate multitude.
To plant and to collect
You can plant it in earth or flowerpot and use the leaves of the young buds and the flowers that leave between May and July.
The drying is realised in dark and ventilated place.
He is better not to conserve it more than 3 years.
Precautions with the essential oil!
Advised against in pregnancy and lactation.
Advised against in states of irritability or great nervous excitation.